Welcome to Year 5/6
Teacher: Mrs Hanna and Mr Upton
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Aston
It has been a funny few months, but it is so lovely to see you all back in school.
We have a really exciting term ahead and I can not wait for us to get stuck into some fantastic learning.
This year we are very lucky to have Mr Upton working with us in the mornings, which means we can work really hard to catch up on some of the things we missed last academic year. It means we can split year 5/6 into two smaller groups in the morning to allow you to do your best learning in literacy and maths.
Our topic this term is the Ancient Egyptians. All of foundation subject work and our class text for literacy will be linked to this topic.
I can't wait to get started.
A few reminders:
- Our PE day is Friday, so please make sure you come to school dressed in your kit as there is no getting changed at school.
- We also have Kits Academy in school on Tuesday, though children can do these activities in their school clothes.
- Please make sure children have a water bottle in school.
- Children need to bring coats with them - we try to get them outside no matter what the weather
- No bags, pencil cases or toys from home are to be brought into school please
I look forward to a great term of learning!
If you need to contact Mrs Hanna please either pop into school or e-mail on